Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Meat Plus Cafe

Subic, Olongapo
Philippines
047-252-6096


Spending for something that would make your family happy is priceless...

In celebration of my mom's birthday and mother's day, we decided to have a family getaway at Morong, Bataan. We stayed at Phi-phi Hotel and Beach Resort which has a remarkable shoreline with fine white sand and clear waters. The stay was a bit knotty since we had an argument about the grilling area where the management only allowed us to do the grilling under the heat of the sun! They did not allow us to cook or even re-heat our packed foods and to my dismay, they even charged us a corkage fee of 100pesos per head. The room service was slow in responding to guest requests and they even charged us for extra pillows, blankets, and towels for 50 pesos each! How greedy was that?! But then I have nothing to say against the cleanliness of the place, you wouldn't be disappointed about that since the place was well maintained. The ambiance was good and the room was comfortable and spacious enough to accommodate five of us. We enjoyed the beach which was so clear and clean that I swim to my heart's content. If you want to experience a beach like this without having to ride a plane, a ship, or a bangka, Bataan is the place for you with just 2-3hrs drive from Manila. I myself would want to go back here but I wouldn't choose this resort again, maybe I'd go for White Corals or Coralview for next time since they have more good reviews. Let me share with you some of our pics.


After a day at the resort and a good swim, next stop Zoobic Safari!! The only tiger safari in the Philippines. The entrance fee is 495Php/head and the main attraction of the place is the "Tiger Safari" with full grown Siberian Tigers roaming around and had a close encounter with them as they ate a whole chicken at the top and on the side of our Safari Jeep. I would have enjoyed this place if not for the hot weather, thankfully a lot of refreshments were offered inside and I had a snow cone for 50pesos, a quick relief for the hot steaming summer.

Tiger Safari Ride

Rootbeer Snowcone

To top it all up, we decided to have our late lunch at Meat Plus Cafe in Subic. As the name implies, they offer different meat dishes and is famous for its delicious and affordable steaks where you can have it fresh, select your own part and have it cook with just an additional of 100pesos. They said that your trip to Subic wouldn't be complete without eating here and so we did grab a bite.

Pork Ribs with java rice and soup 220Php

Truly one of the best tasting ribs just like the one at Racks. The most tender ribs I had so far... The serving size is good for two though it's a solo plate, perfect for those with big appetite just like me. Extra Java rice for me please! =P

Pork Belly with rice and soup 220Php

Just like inihaw na liempo. Nothing special except for its tenderness. I like it more with the american mayo than its own gravy.

The famous Meat Plus Burger Plate 210Php

When I first ate here, I wasn't able to order this one since I focused on the rice meat plates. Mich, a friend of Kiks told me to try meat plus burger next time for it's one of the best. And she's right about that! You can really tell the distinct flavor of grilled patties which is really good. The size is not overwhelmingly huge but just enough to satisfy your cravings. What can I say? I want MORE!!! =)







No comments:

Post a Comment