Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Vikings: Luxury Buffet?

San Miguel By the Bay
SM Mall of Asia Seaside Blvd
Manila Bay reclamation area, Pasay
02-846-3888



I love buffets!! I find it more sulit that eating in a fine dining restaurant and we Filipinos truly have an eye for All-you-can-eat, belly buster and mouth watering treats served unlimited! Turn left or right and you'll find different establishments around the corner that offers buffet, from restaurants to five star hotels, it's a competition!

Vikings is said to be a luxury buffet that you can compare to other hotels in terms of ambiance, variety of dishes and service but, with a lower rate. Well, if you can get pretty much the same thing that's cheaper, where else can you be? ^_^

I've heard a lot of buzz about it and finally, I've got the chance to try it last Saturday, it's one of those special days of Kiks and I so we decided to have a feast from the sea the vikings way!!! 

Here's a photo blog of our Vikings experience:



The Salad Station

The Grilled Station

Sushi Station

Tuna and Salmon Sashimi Carving Station

The Sushi Boat

Seafood Station

Dimsum

Meat Carving Station

Pasta Station

 
Hotpot

The Dessert Station

The Drinks Station

Some of the menu for the day:




















According to buffet 101 techniques: Roam around.. try to taste everything first and get as many as you can of the ones you like.. avoid the fillers and the ordinary.. AND, consume those that are expensive! Sadly, I don't think I remembered those as most of what I got did not actually went with it... 

 If I started my meal with something that's not good, I might lose my appetite. So, to make it safe, Sushi and Nachos are the front liners. Sushis good but not great...I love their nachos, the toppings were complete and the meat was really tasty. The salmon was fresh and kiko managed to finish 1 whole plate of it (10pcs i think). Dimsum's just ok.

They have Pizza! Yey! And it's good! The Angus Rib eye steak was a bit tough, I'd say casa filipino's angus beef tasted way better than this... Baked oyster was ok, but I like mine to have butter and garlic together with the cheese and cream.

Who would not love tempura?? But then, I want Yakimix's tempura than this one. The batter wasn't that good... The carbonara on the other hand was creamyummy! Lol

For the love of ice cream... who would have thought that I would go twice on a bubblegum flavored ice cream?? Isn't that color blue appealing to your eyes? Well it is right? It's actually not bad, you're like chewing your bubblegum without losing it's flavor. It's good I promise you, though kiko was giving me the face saying "you're weird"... Am I??

What did I say about fillers? Marshmallow is one of them, but why would I care, I love fondue!!! The froyo's another story, it isn't my thing.. not at all.. I don't like it's sour taste but Kiko does... Now about the drinks, here's my warning, stay away from "fresh strawberry juice" ok?... the ice coffee was good though, it tasted like iced machiatto of Starbucks and I had 2 glasses of it! And of course, it's not vikings without their famous unlimited draft beer! hick!



We had this meal for a price of 1088++ each since it's a Saturday. Is it sulit? Of course it is, but not for me I guess.. Aside from the fact that I was expecting more from it, I wasn't able to eat that much =( ... But Kiks said he was happy about it cause he managed to have a taste of everything! I'll be back again to have my revenge that's for sure but maybe I'll do it during weekdays when it's much cheaper.. LOL! The ambiance is great, the service is good, and the food is ok... overwhelmingly lots to choose from! We left the place full and with smiles on our faces because we got to spend the day together regardless of what we have to share with each other... =)


Operating hours:
Lunch 11am - 2:30pm
Dinner 6pm - 10pm
*For sure seats, make a reservation since they're always fully booked
*For walk-in, arrive 1hour before the opening for the waiting list

No comments:

Post a Comment