Friday, September 14, 2012

WooRi Jib

Kalayaan Ave, Quezon City


It's been a long time since I've spent a day with my aunt and cousins who I grew up with. It's the day when all of us  went to LTO and applied for a student driver's license which costs us 317 pesos each. LTO is near Kalayaan Ave. and my aunt remembered the Korean restaurant that I was raving about her around that area. Knowing my aunt who loves watching "Koreanovelas", she asked me if we can have our lunch there and I agreed to her request...

WooRi Jib offers delicious and authentic Korean cuisine that's very affordable. If you love Korean foods then this place is a must try! Aside from the fact that many of us are 'into' the Korean world of fashion and lifestyle, their food is really something. From the colorful presentation, to the distinct flavorful treats, Korean cuisine will definitely give you a different dining experience.

Upon entering the place, it won't give you the impression that you are in a Korean restaurant. But, when they started serving us with the little dishes of appetizers which were unlimited, we forgot about the ambiance and started digging on them! We ordered for the Samgyeopsal that comes with a free Tofu Soup. As seen in many Korean drama, it is eaten by wrapping the grilled pork in a lettuce together with your choice of accompaniments like aged kimchi, shredded green onions, etc. Then you're going to dip it in two kinds of dipping sauces. One is the ssamjang or chili paste and gireumjang that is basically sesame oil with salt and pepper. One thing that's good about this besides the burst of combined flavors, you get to enjoy eating vegies!

Samgyeopsal 500Php ( Minimum of 2 orders)

Free Tofu Soup

Cha-Jang-Myun ( Black bean paste and vegetable noodle) 200Php

I asked the server if this is good for sharing and he told me that it's just for one person only. However, I still ordered this since my aunt wanted to try it. When it came in our table, we're surprised on how big it was! It's actually good for 3-4 persons. About the taste, I didn't like it that much. It tasted light though it has a rich black color which I equate to something with strong flavors. Funny, it tasted like cucumber, only to find out that it actually has cucumber in it.

Kimbap 200Php/2R

This is the Korean style sushi served with kikoman and wasabi. It's good and 'Jon' my cousin, liked it so much that he had finished half of it! After eating, I asked for our complimentary green tea to continue our bonding. 

WooRi Jib provided us a satisfying dining experience with good food, generous amount of serving, value for money, and very polite servers. For this, Thank You! Or should I say, Kamsahamnida! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment